Tailormade Foliar Feeds
The minerals in our foliar feeds boost the plant’s strength to withstand environmental stresses. They are compatible with most pesticides, and our foliar products can be supplied as individual minerals or tailored to specific crop needs, in flexible quantities so you only buy exactly what you need.
Biostimulants are added as standard to boost the efficacy of each foliar feed. All our products are manufactured to the highest conventional and organic standards.
‘We support all our products with site visits and crop sampling and monitoring where appropriate,’ says Mark Law, Managing Director. ‘We believe in providing exactly what the individual crop requires to boost yield and maintain quality, tailormade for each field.’
Pre-formulated Foliar Feeds
We have a range of top-quality pre-formulated products for a variety of crops and particular needs.
Integrated foliar fertilisers for Potatoes – Potato Review
A leading farmer in West Norfolk, Peter Chapman, challenged Law’s to help him produce a top oilseed rape crop in his first rape-growing season. Mr Chapman, who farms 1200 acres at Caston in partnership with his brother, was proud of the resultant crop and plans to grow rape again using Law Fertilisers.
Law’s Tailormade Foliar Feeds for Improved Crop Quality
We can provide specific feeds for specific crops in specific fields at specific growing times. In other words, our tailormade Foliar Feeds provide exactly what you – the farmer – need when you need it.
We provide full technical support to ensure the correct timing, rate and mix of minerals, to meet particular crop needs. This includes deficiency diagnosis and site-specific recommendations.
Available in small containers up to 1,000 litre IBCs. We can formulate any ratio of any macro or micronutrient in quantities of 5, 10, 25, 210,1,000, 20,000 litres. We offer next day delivery of tailormade Foliar Feeds (on all orders before 10am).
Our Pre-formulated Products
- Cereal Protein Plus: to increase protein content in wheat. A range of minerals to boost late nitrogen assimilation, delay senescence and manipulate protein development.
- Late Beet Feed: reduces winter frost damage in sugar beet. Key minerals to increase sugar content and late season growth and enhance the ability of beets to withstand low temperatures.
- Foliar Calcium: improves potato storability. Soluble calcium minerals with associated micronutrients to boost mobility and deposition of calcium to increase cell wall strength and reduce post harvest disorders.
- Malt Plus: improves malt content of barley. A formulation of key minerals to increase starch deposition and quality in contrast to protein development.
- Pulse Plus: increases seed quality in peas and beans. Trace elements formulated to increase seed integrity and size.
- Seed Plus: increases potato/cereal seed fertility. Macro and micronutrients to elevate all the key minerals for germination and early growth in daughter seed that will also reduce seed-borne pests and diseases.
- Starter Plus: improves oilseed rape establishment. Macro and micro nutrients to increase root and leaf development of seedlings to improve seedling growth, plant establishment and winter hardiness.
Case Study: Integrated Foliar Fertilisers for Potatoes
Foliar fertilisers POTATO REVIEW – JULY 2016
Foliar application of macronutrients and micronutrients can ensure that the crop gets the right amount of nutrients at the right time.
Potatoes are a very good crop for foliar feeding due to the high dry matter production over a relatively short period of time, while the routine of blight spraying allows for regular fine tuning of the potato crop nutrition. Law Fertilisers has developed a range of blight-spray-compatible feeds to meet every scenario and help the crop meet the grower’s expectations. Mark Law, Managing Director, suggests the following programme.
‘At the early stages, we recommend Law’s Phosphorus Plus to provide an early boost for root and canopy development. This is especially useful on cold, chalky soils or where there is evidence of nematode damage.
As a mid-season boost, Law’s N-K+ speeds up the bulking process to improve the efficiency of converting sunlight energy into starch. This is best applied during flowering when the demand for potassium may outstrip the crop’s capability to absorb the nutrient from the soil. If applied at tuber initiation, it promotes tuber set and numbers, and if applied at tuber bulking, increases tuber size.’
As a late feed, Law’s Calcium+ is a cocktail of nutrients designed to improve the quality of late cell wall formation, skin set and strength to protect the crop from post-harvest disorders such as internal rust spot or bacterial rots. This is an important feed where the crop may go into long term storage or where the size of some of the tubers is likely to be in the baker fraction at harvest time.
Rootbooster, a cocktail of plant hormones and microbes, helps the root system overcome attack from soil pests and diseases. In severe situations season-long application is necessary.’
Law Fertilisers are the UK’s last independent fertiliser manufacturer and we produce a unique range of fertilisers to address the demand by crops for a full range of nutrients essential for growth. Contact Us to find out how we can help you.